Last Saturday, I attended the baby shower of a good friend, and seeing as how she can’t consume any alcohol (what with being pregnant and all), I offered to make some punch for the event.
I was a bit short on time so I searched for “punch recipes” on the Internet and yes, I found a ton of them. Unfortunately, most of them called for either sherbet, Hawaiian Punch, or cups of sugar, none of which I particularly wanted to consume.
After what seemed like a zillion clicks, I finally found a recipe that called for mostly benign ingredients. I bought them all at the grocery store and hoped like heck it tasted good. I am pleased to report that it did, winning both my—and a six-year-olds—hearty approval.
Fruity Baby Shower Punch
- 1 bottle (64 ounces) unsweetened white grape juice, chilled
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice, thawed
- 16 ounces club soda, chilled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 25 ounce bottle sparkling white grape juice
1. Stir together the first 4 ingredients in a punch bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
2. Mix in sparkling juice just before serving.
I should tell you that we were short a punch bowl (and space to refrigerate it even if we had one) so I mixed all the ingredients in a large jar filled with ice, which still worked quite well.
I’m definitely looking forward to making this again … and yes, I’m pretty sure you could substitute a bottle of champagne for the sparkling grape juice to make this an all-adult beverage. I’ll give it a shot and let you know.