Christmas is right around the corner and our holiday menu planning has begun. In addition to figuring out what will be gracing our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day tables, we’re also figuring out what holiday food gifts we’ll be making for our family and friends this year, which made me recall a food gift a former colleague used to give me every year at Christmas … baked oyster crackers.
I don’t know the origin of this simple recipe, but I do know they’re tasty … and addictive. In what can only be described as a holiday miracle, I actually had the necessary ingredients for baked oyster crackers in my pantry so I made a batch yesterday … and they were as good as I remembered.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy food gift to bestow upon your family and friends, it doesn’t get much easier than this.
[Can you tell I'm ready for baseball and beer season already?]
Baked Oyster Crackers
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1-ounce package powdered ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 12-ounce package oyster crackers
1. Preheat oven to 275°F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together oil, ranch dressing mix, lemon pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Place oyster crackers in a bowl and pour over the oil mixture, stirring the crackers to coat.
4. Place coated oyster crackers in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
5. Bake 275°F for 15 to 20 minutes.