Don’t fear, faithful readers. I’m not introducing you to some stange gremlin or goblin … “grissini” is simply the Italian word for long, thin, dry breadsticks … and when combined with just two other simple ingredients, they make a warm, salty, crispy appetizer that’s sure to please almost every palate.
In addition to making a quick and easy appetizer, prosciutto and parmesan wrapped grissini (or simply prosciutto wrapped breadsticks) also make a great accompaniment to antipasto platters, entree or side salads, and almost any soup … and if one were to whip these up as a midnight snack (who me? no, never), I think that would be a perfect choice as well!
Prosciutto and Parmesan Wrapped Grissini
- 20 long, thin, crispy breadsticks
- 7 thin prosciutto slices
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. To prepare ingredients, first cut each slice of prosciutto into three long, thin strips, then spread Parmesan cheese on plate.
3. Wrap one strip of prosciutto diagonally around each breadstick. Holding breadstick and prosciutto at both ends, roll breadstick in cheese to coat lightly.
4. Place wrapped and coated breadsticks on baking sheets; bake for 10 to 15 minutes until breadsticks are golden and prosciutto is crispy.
5. Serve immediately.