Last week, I posted a recipe for a shaved carrot and ginger salad, a quick and tasty salad that I whipped up during the Missouri Organic Association’s (MOA) “Seed to Plate Mystery Basket” cooking competition that The Chef and I participated in at the annual MOA conference a few weeks ago.
After winning won round one, we advanced to the second and final round of the competition, where another quick and tasty salad was created to accompany our entree of smoked pork tenderloin with black and white barbeque sauces and a side dish of warm “potato salad.” What quick and tasty salad did I whip up this time? A simple cherry tomato and chive salad, of course.
Similar to last week’s salad, today’s salad also contains just a few ingredients (most of which you probably have on hand), which goes to show that you don’t need a ton of ingredients to create a delicious dish. Just four ingredients (excluding salt and pepper), this simple cherry tomato salad provides a ton of flavor and a beautiful burst of color to brighten up both your plate and your palate. Enjoy!
Simple Cherry Tomato Salad
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- Sea salt and black pepper
1. Place cherry tomatoes in a bowl, cutting larger tomatoes in half and leaving smaller tomatoes whole.
2. Whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar; pour over tomatoes and toss to coat.
3. Sprinkle with chives, then add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.