The 2012 St. Louis Food Blogger Bake Sale has now come and gone … and if you didn’t make it to this amazing event, you certainly missed out!
Over 20 local food bloggers and avid home bakers whipped up a delicious array of goodies that blew everyone’s tastebuds away. From “Jammy Thumbprint Cookies” and “What’s Shakin’ Ma’con Cupcakes” to “Boozy Banana Bread” and “Apple Cinnamon Hand Pies,” the treats baked for this charity fundraiser raised the bar for bake sales to come! But, not only were the treats to die for, they raised so much money that we exceed our goal for this year!
Drumroll, please …
I am thrilled to report that the St. Louis Food Blogger Bake Sale raised $1,000, all of which will be used to support Share Our Strength’s efforts to end childhood hunger in America by helping fund afterschool and summer feeding programs. Way to go, bloggers and bakers!
I’d first like to thank my fellow bake sale co-host and dear friend, Stefani, of the fabulous food blog Cupcake Project … I’m so proud to have organized this event with her!
I also want to thank everyone who baked the yummy goodies we had for sale; it’s quite an impressive list and if you haven’t visited their blogs, you must!
- Stacy Anderson (Every Little Thing): Brown Butter Brownies
- Rachel Bates (Crazy Cupcake Girl): Peanut Butter, Jelly, & Potato Chip Cupcakes
- Laura Beaver (Food Snob St. Louis): Cinnamon Roll Cookies and Boozy Banana Bread
- Vicki Bensinger (At Home with Vicki Bensinger): Sugar Cookies with Buttercream Frosting
- Eleanor Bergquist: Cherry Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Amy Burdge (Eat It, St. Louis): Apple Cinnamon and Blueberry Hand Pies
- Tony Busekrus (TonyLovesFood): Apple and Mixed Berry Mini Pies, Rustic White Bread, and Smoked Pugliese Bread
- Elizabeth Cowie (Eating Local in the Lou): Rosemary-Lemon Cookies
- Julie Edmonds (Inkredible Stamping): Pressed Sugar Cookies and Cherry Date Nut Bread
- Kimberly Henricks, ie, me (Rhubarb and Honey): Chocolate Cranberry Crispies
- Sandia Hoormann (Bite of Life STL): What’s Shakin’ Ma’con and Caramel Sutra Cupcakes
- Laura Kuentzler: Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
- Nupur Kittur (One Hot Stove): Jammy Thumbprint Cookies and Savory Samosa Puffs
- Natalie McLaury (The Sweets Life): Chocolate Chip Blondies and Zucchini Bread
- Nancy Pollack: Peanut Butter Cookies
- Stef Pollack (Cupcake Project): Chocolate Peanut Butter Hi-Hat Cupcakes and Brown Butter Cupcakes
- Amrita Rawat (The Sweet Art): Chocolate Sea Salt and Raspberry Key Lime Macarons
- LaTia Thomas: Chocolate Ripple Cupcakes and Drunken Cheesy Muffins
- Stephanie Tolle (Iron Stef): Chocolate Salty Balls and Dulce de Leche Cookies
- Amy Trapp (Special Treats): Rocky Road Cake Pops
- Krista Wampler (Bake Me Away): Chocolate Caramel Thumbprint Cookies and White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
I also have to thank our gracious host, Sappington Farmers’ Market, who not only hosted the bake sale, but also donated a $100 gift basket full of local eats that was raffled off to a very lucky winner!
And finally, many thanks go to Perennial Artisan Ales who more than happily took our leftover baked goods, offered them to their patrons, and collected donations, which helped us reach our amazing total of $1,000!
I’m sure I’ve said this here before, but we’re incredibly lucky to have such an amazing food community here in St. Louis … and I’m humbled to be a part of it.
Here’s to the 2013 St. Louis Food Blogger Bake Sale!