Thanksgiving is just around the corner … and by corner, I mean tomorrow. Still in need of a quick and easy recipe to grace your Thanksgiving table? Well, my friends, I have just the thing!
It’s no secret that I’ve waxed poetic about JIFFY corn muffin mix in the past. Well, the ubiquitous blue box is making another appearance here at Rhubarb and Honey.
In this recipe, the muffin mix is combined with milk, egg, honey, and pecans to create amazing cornbread muffins that are sweet, nutty, warm, and comforting all at the same time. Sounds perfect for Thanksgiving, right? I thought so too!
Not only are these muffins delicious, they’re easy to make too … and I suspect they’d also make a great base for a Thanksgiving cornbread stuffing. Hmm … I still have time before Turkey Day arrives. I’ll see you in the kitchen!
Pecan and Honey Cornbread Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 8.5 ounce package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 400°F; grease a 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Break egg into a medium-sized bowl; add the milk and stir together until thoroughly mixed. Add the corn muffin mix, honey, and pecans; mix together thoroughly.
3. Let batter rest 4 to 5 minutes. Restir, then fill muffin cups equally.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.