I have no words. And by that, I mean I have writer’s block.
It’s quite a strange place for me since I rarely find myself here, and I’m not quite sure what to do. So, fellow wordsmiths … any suggestions?
While I’m waiting for replies from my fellow scribes — which I’m certain will provide some witty and thought-provoking commentary on how to escape the doldrums and kick writer’s block in its ass — I will just give you a recipe. A delicious, sweet, and spicy recipe for what I’ve dubbed hot pink slaw.
Please to enjoy.
Sweet & Spicy Hot Pink Slaw
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 8-ounce package coleslaw mix (green & red cabbage and carrots)
- 1 small red jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Whisk the champagne vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice together in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Add the coleslaw mix, jalapeno, and cilantro to the bowl; toss together until throroughly coated with dressing.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour; serve.