It’s official … I love miniature phyllo shells filled with just about anything.
Don’t believe me?
Well, then, let me introduce into evidence these Mardi Gras-worthy muffaletta bites … and these sweet and spicy phyllo poppers. Looking for something on the sweeter side? How about these miniature nut tarts two ways, one way made with pistachios and honey and the other with macadamia nuts and molasses?
And if that isn’t enough evidence for you, then allow me to introduce my final (for now) exhibit … these spicy Mediterranean bites.
Stuffed with a salty, spicy, creamy mix of feta cheese, Kalamata olives, diced pimento, pepperoncini pepper, and oregano — ingredients I unabashedly love — my spicy Mediterranean bites are one of the quickest appetizers you can make … and one of the tastiest too. Add in the crunch from the miniature phyllo shells, and you have a one-bite, flavor-filled treat sure to please almost any party goer at your next Mediterranean-themed shindig!
Spicy Mediterranean Bites
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons diced pimento
- 3 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspooon freshly-ground black pepper
- 15 miniature phyllo shells
1. In a small bowl, mix together the feta cheese, Kalamata olives, pimento, pepperoncini pepper, oregano, and black pepper.
2. Stuff the miniature phyllo shells evenly with the cheese mixture.
3. Serve immediately.
Notes: These spicy Mediterranean bites can also be made a few hours ahead and stored in the refrigerator.