Yes, this is another appetizer made with miniature phyllo cups.
IT’S LIKE I CAN’T HELP MYSELF.
But what else is one to do when there’s leftover chicken in the fridge? Okay, I could have used it for a myraid of things … chicken soup, BBQ chicken pizza, chicken enchiladas … or even tacos, tortas, burritos, nachos, and quesadillas if we fully want to explore the “Mexican” route.
I didn’t do any of those things. I just chopped it up, tossed it with my favorite buffalo wing sauce, stuffed it in some mini phyllo shells, baked them ’til they were golden brown and piping hot, and then topped each little bite with a chunk of blue cheese. You’re welcome.
Seriously though … if you’re a fan of buffalo chicken wings, my buffalo chicken bites are sure to please. Spicy and crunchy — with just the right amount of salty, pungent goodness from the blue cheese — my buffalo chicken bites are a perfect snack for game night, movie night, or just about any night you want to add a liitle spice too.
Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 3 to 4 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 15 miniature phyllo cups
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the cooked chicken and the buffalo wing sauce. Divide the mixture evenly among the miniature phyllo cups.
3. Place the filled phyllo cups on an ungreased baking sheet, the bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, then top each phyllo cup evenly with the crumbled blue cheese.
5. Serve immediately.