So, in a surprising turn of events, our recent CSA share from Mac’s Local Buys was … just as awesome as ever!
Had you going, didn’t I?
Seriously, folks … The Chef and I have participated in other CSA’s prior to joining Mac’s Local Buys, and I can unequivocally say that this is the best CSA we’ve ever worked with. I’m continually impressed with the quality of the items we receive in each share, and I truly look forward to each and every pick-up. If you’re in the St. Louis area and are considering joining a CSA, this is the one for you.
And no, Mac didn’t pay me to say that … I just really love our CSA that much!
So, without further ado …
- Green and red cabbage, carrots, summer squash, zucchini, cucumbers, green lettuce, green beans, tomatoes, scallions, and basil from Three Rivers Community Farm (Elsah, IL)
- Hot dogs and Kielbasa links from Circle B Ranch (Seymour, MO)
- One dozen eggs from Cock and Bull Farm (Highland, IL)
- Hot dog buns from Bread Head Baking (St. Louis, MO)
- Bread and butter pickles from Family Harvest, commissary owned by Yellow Wood Farm (Hermann, MO)
The Chef and I picked up this share right before the recent Fourth of July holiday, and we put most of it to good use at our Independence Day celebration … good timing, Mac!
I can’t wait to see what’s in next week’s share … stay tuned!