And that’s a good thing because fresh peaches are the theme for this month’s Foodie Extravaganza, yet another montly blog challenge I’m now participating in!
Overachieve much? Why, yes, I do!
Foodie Extravaganza celebrates a different national food holiday each month. Why food holidays? Because as food bloggers, national food holidays are a reason to celebrate each day of the year … and you know I love any reason to celebrate! So, without further ado, let’s get going!
As I mentioned in my last post, The Chef and I just returned from vacation in Gulf Shores, and since I was still tuckered out from the drive home, I needed a quick, yet delicious recipe to highlight the juiciest of all summer treats — the peach — and my fresh peach salsa perfectly fits the bill!
Filled with the sun-kissed taste of ripe peaches, the sweetness of cherry tomatoes, and just the right amount of spicy bite from Vidalia onions and jalapeno peppers, my fresh peach salsa is summer in a bowl. Serve it straight up with tortilla chips or go crazy and pair it with grilled chicken, pork, or even fish … no matter what you serve it with, your guests will thank you!
- Peach & Blue Cheese Prosciutto Bruschetta by Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler by From Gate to Plate
- Peach Mousse by Love in the Kitchen
- Peach Orange Banana Smoothie by We Like to Learn as We Go
- Peach Almond Cake by My Creative Days
- Raspberry Peach Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Peach Donuts by Rae Gun Ramblings
- Peaches & Cream Dessert Bars by The Freshman Cook
- Fresh Peach Salsa by Rhubarb and Honey
- Skinny Vegan Peach Coffee Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Pistachio Peach Pie Pops by Pantry Friendly Cooking