Pear, Banana, and Quinoa Muffins
Yield: 6 large or 18 miniature muffins
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium pear, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flours, quinoa flakes, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the banana, eggs, and honey until thoroughly combined.
- Add the banana mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in the pears.
- Spoon the batter into a greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
For a wheat-free version, substitute quinoa flour for the all-purpose and whole wheat flour noted in the recipe.
- Asian Pear Bread by NinjaBaking
- Pear and Almond Muffins by Basic N Delicious
- Pear and Cherry Sourdough Bread by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pear and Walnut Sticky Buns by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Pear, Banana, and Quinoa Muffins by Rhubarb and Honey
- Pear Cranberry Sticky Buns by Cake Duchess
- Pear Streusel Sweet Rolls by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Raspberry Pear Pecan Quick Bread by A Baker’s House
- Savory Pear Flatbread with Gorgonzola by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sour Cream Pear Bread by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Spiced Buttermilk Poached Pear Bread by girlichef
- Turkish Pear Coffee Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
2. Please link your post to the linky tool at the bottom of my blog post. It must be a bread baked to the Twelve Loaves theme.
3. Bake your Twelve Loaves bread this September 2014 and post it on your blog by September 30, 2014.