So, it’s not very often when The Chef asks me to make him something … but when does, I happily oblige.
Case in point? These no-bake peanut butter bars.
I’d seen a number of recipes for these no-bake peanut butter bars circulating all over the Internet for the past few years,but I had never made them myself. Containing just 5 ingredients, folks swear they taste just like Reese’s peanut butter cups. And I can now attest that, yes, they really do!
And they truly couldn’t be easier to make … trust me, the hardest part is waiting for them to firm up in the refrigerator!
Now, these aren’t exactly the healthiest treat in the world, but I’m a firm believer in everything in moderation … and I will happily find room in my otherwise healthy diet for these amazing no-bake peanut butter bars from time to time!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups confectioners' (powdered ) sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (for bars)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter (for topping)
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and confectioners' sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl, add in 1 cup peanut butter and the melted butter, then fold everything together until well blended. Spoon the peanut butter mixture evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a medium-sized, microwave-safe glass bowl, melt the chocolate chips for 45 seconds. Using oven mitts, remove the bowl from the microwave, stir the chocolate, then continue to microwave in 20 second increments, stirring in between each, until the chocolate is completely liquid and smooth. Stir in the peanut butter until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter mixtur. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.