FIVE DAYS, PEOPLE!
I think my faithful readers know by now that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. One thing they may not know though … I hate leftovers.
Except for Thanksgiving leftovers.
Yes, the day after Thanksgiving is the only day I enjoy eating leftovers. And I’m always up for the challenge of taking that fridge full of leftovers and turning them into something totally different … a leftover remix if you will.
So, when I saw the theme for today’s Sunday Supper — Thanksgiving leftover ideas — I signed right up. And as fast as I did, I knew what I would be making.
While I can’t pick a favorite dish from our Thanksgiving table because I truly do love them all, cranberry sauce would rank pretty high … simply because I adore cranberries. (Yes, I am that woman at the grocery store buying a cartful of fresh cranberries so I can freeze them to use them year ’round. What of it?)
Anyway … another high-ranking dish from our Thanksgiving table is my aunt’s cornbread dressing. Hmm … cornbread + cranberries? By golly, I think we’ve got it! And after one bite of my “cranberry sauce’d” cornbread muffins, you’ll know we got it.
Moist, buttery cornbread, swirling with the delightful combination of tart and sweet cranberry sauce, and then taken to the next level with a burst of orange and the crunch of nutty pecan … I’d venture to say this Thanksgiving leftover remix is off the charts!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ cup pecan chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the egg, olive oil, and buttermilk, stirring gently to combine.
- Lightly fold in the cranberry sauce, orange zest, and pecan chips. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then serve with honey butter or extra cranberry sauce.
- Cranberry Sauce Muffins by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cranberry Sauce’d Cornbread Muffins by Rhubarb and Honey
- Leftover Stuffing Breakfast Strata by Ruffles & Truffles
- Sweet Potato Casserole Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Turkey & Chorizo Breakfast Hash by Brunch with Joy
- Creamy Gochujang Peanut Pasta Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Creamy Turkey Orzo Risotto by Family Foodie
- Herbed Turkey over Cornbread Waffles with Cranberry Sauce by girlichef
- Leftover Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Leftover Thanksgiving Pizza by Meal Diva
- Moroccan Turkey Stew by What Smells So Good?
- Peruvian Cilantro and Turkey Soup by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Stuffing Hash by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Thanksgiving Leftover Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Turkey and Butternut Squash Stew by Cooking Chat
- Turkey & Caramelized Onion Risotto by kimchi MOM
- Turkey and Stuffing Crepes by Peaceful Cooking
- Turkey Croquettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Turkey Enchilada Pasta Bake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Kreplach Soup by Panning the Globe
- Turkey with Mustard Mascarpone Marsala Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Cheesy Jalapeño Potato Cakes by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Croquettes by Noshing with the Nolands
- Cranberry Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower Wings by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Mashed Potato Pancakes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower & Potato by Momma’s Meals
- Whipped Carrots with Sriracha Butter by Healthy Delicious
- Apple Pecan Chicken (or Turkey!) Salad by NeighborFood
- Cranberry and Turkey Sandwiches by The Redhead Baker
- Monte Cristo Sandwich by Nik Snacks
- Sprouted Grain Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Panini by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Turkey Cranberry Flatbread by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Turkey Hot Brown by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Condiments & Sauces:
- Cranberry Vinaigrette by Nosh My Way
- DIY Yellow Mustard by The Texan New Yorker
- Leftover White Wine Syrup by Food Lust People Love
- Banana Cheesecake with Pecan Graham Cracker Crust by Desserts Required
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten Free Lemon Drizzle Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Cranberry Sauce Buckle by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Cocktails & Drinks:
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.