I hope you all had a lovely winter holiday filled with family, friends, and, of course, lots of delicious food!
As we get ready to say goodbye to 2014, I’m sure many of you are starting to think about your New Year’s resolutions … and like me, I’m guessing many of you are thinking about getting back to a healthy diet after many holiday indulgences.
Well, don’t go there just yet because this week’s Sunday Supper is all about those delicious, decadent dishes we’ve been craving all year long … and for me, it’s fiery candied jalapenos (aka, “cowboy candy”) served atop cool cream cheese.
Spread on your favorite crispy cracker, this simple appetizer brings together sweet and spicy with cool and creamy for one amazing, crave-worthy bite. The heat of the jalapenos is tempered by the cream cheese … and that little bit of sweetness brings it all together. It’s one of my favorite appetizers to serve at the holidays … and here’s hoping you’re craving it now too!
- ¾ pound fresh jalapenos
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Wearing gloves, remove and discard the stems of the jalapenos, then slice the peppers into ¼-inch rounds.
- Place the sliced jalapenos, sugar, and apple cider vinegar in a large saucepan, then bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to ensure that the sugar dissolves completely. Reduce the heat to low, then simmer until the liquid reduces and becomes syrup-like (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove the candied peppers from the heat, let cool, then store in the refrigerator overnight or up to two weeks.
- Serve with cream cheese and crackers.
Comfort Food Cravings
- Beef Tenderloin Citrus Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Chunky Beef Chili from MealDiva
- Cowboy Candy and Cream Cheese from Rhubarb and Honey
- Creamy Veggie and Chip Dip from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Golabki (Polish Cabbage Rolls) from Healthy. Delicious.
- Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lightened and Loaded Potato Soup from Momma’s Meals
- Prime Rib Roast from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Roasted Cashews & Walnuts with Honey and Herbs from Delaware Girl Eats
- Russian Black Bread from Curious Cuisiniere
- Sausage and Cheese Stromboli from Casa de Crews
- Steak and Eggs from Nosh My Way
- Steak Tartare from The Texan New Yorker
- Swiss Onion Bread from The Foodie Army Wife
Quench Your Thirst Cravings
- Crab Artichoke Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mussels in Coconut Broth with Garlic Toasts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Seafood Scampi from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Cravings
- Apple Bundt Cake from Pancake Warriors
- Dark Chocolate Potato Chip Fudge from Nik Snacks
- Dulce de Leche Rice Krispy Treats from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate Milky Way Brownie Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lower-Sugar Carrot Cake Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Maple Syrup Creme Brule from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mint Infused Deep Dish Brownies from The Perfect Brownie
- Paleo Pound Cake from NinjaBaker
- Pizzelle from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Sweet Potato Sheet Cake from Pies and Plots
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.