The Golden Globes, the SAG Awards, the Independent Spirit Awards — heck, even the Country Music Association Awards — I watch them all.
And as luck would have it, there’s a certain little ‘ole awards show going on tonight — you know, The Academy Awards (aka “The Oscars”) — the grandest awards show of all.
To make your Oscar — or any red carpet — viewing party a tasty one, the Sunday Supper bloggers have developed a plethora of celeb-worthy recipes just for this occasion.
My contribution? A delicious little drink I call the “Red Carpet Sparkler” … because fizzy cocktails are a perfect way to toast your favorite movie or actor winning an award … and because there just aren’t enough alcoholic beverages on this little ‘ole blog.
Made up of most of my favorite boozy spirits — Lillet (a ruby-colored French aperitif with hints of orange, berries, vanilla, and spice), St. Germain (a French liqueur flavored with elderflower), and my most favorite of all, bubbles (champagne, cava, prosecco, or any other bubble that tickles your fancy) — my “Red Carpet Sparkler” delivers on taste and packs a healthy punch to get you through any awards show night!
So, who do I think is going to take home a golden statue tonight? Well, here are my predictions for the “big categories” … good luck to all!
Best Picture: Boyhood
Best Actor: Eddie Redmayne
Best Actress: Julianne Moore
Best Director: Richard Linklater (Boyhood)
- 2 ounces Lillet Red, chilled
- ½ ounce St. Germain Elderflower liquer
- Dash of rhubarb bitters (optional)
- 2 ounces champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- Pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Fill a rocks glass halfway full with ice.
- Add the Lillet Red, the St. Germain Elderflower liquer, and a dash of rhubarb bitters if using. Top with the champagne or sparkling wine, then swirl to combine the ingredients.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma’s Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu’s Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
Nominees for Best Course in a Leading Role:
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Nominees for Best Supporting Sips:
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Nominees for Best Delectable Desserts:
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
Nominees for Best Dressed Table:
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.