These gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate pecan waffles will make anyone want to throw a waffle party … even after National Waffle Week is long over!
In sixth grade, I was selected to participate in a week-long poetry camp, which meant I got to skip my other classes and do nothing but write poetry all day. It was awesome.
You know what else is awesome? Waffles.
Coincidentally, this week is National Waffle Week, and to celebrate, some of my food blogger pals and I created lots of waffle recipes just for you, our dear readers.
Okay, it wasn’t a coincidence … we totally planned it. But, hey … WAFFLES!
My contribution to this little waffle soirée?
Gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate pecan waffles that will make anyone want to throw a waffle party any time of the year!
Adapted from my savory waffle recipe, these perfectly sweet waffles are chock full of dairy-free chocolate chips and pecan bits … and they’re also filled with lots of healthy stuff too. But, you don’t care about healthy stuff, do you? You just want to know that these waffles have the perfect texture — sturdy, with just the right amount of chew — and perfect, crispy edges.
Wait … you want to know how they taste too? Well, that’s the best part … they’re delicious! Topped with your favorite syrup (I went with all-natural strawberry syrup!), these gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate pecan waffles are the perfect way to start your day with a little bit of decadence … and I truly can’t wait for you to try them.
Now, if you’re not a fan of chocolate in your waffles (and, yes, I’m looking at The Chef), you can totally substitute something else. I think coconut and macadamia nuts would be a great tropical combo … and of course, you can totally leave out the nuts if someone in your house is allergic.
Okay, it’s time to get to the recipe … and there may also be a poem about waffles in store for you … but you have to go to the end of this post to get it!
- 2½ cups gluten-free flour
- 1½ cups quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups dairy-free milk substitute
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and dairy-free milk substitute.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, and stir until combined (the batter will be a little lumpy from the oats). Add the oil, then whisk together for a few minutes until the oil is incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans until evenly mixed.
- Heat a waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. Once the waffle iron is ready, ladle about 1 cup batter into the waffle iron, and cook until the waffles are golden brown.
- Place the cooked waffles in a 200-degree oven to keep warm while you make the rest.
- When ready to serve, garnish with additional chocolate chips, pecans, and the syrup of your choice.
I also used cashew milk in this recipe, but you could easily substitute almond milk or soy milk as well.
- Cheese & Pear Waffle Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Waffled Polenta Crisps with Caponata by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Buckwheat Waffles Benedict by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Churro Waffles by A Nerd Cooks
- Coconut Flour Waffles with Spiced Pineapple Syrup by Aloha Flavor
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Pecan Waffles by Rhubarb and Honey
- Honey Bacon Waffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Waffles by Cookie Monster Cooking
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed French Toast Waffles by The Spiffy Cookie
- Potato Waffle Eggs Florentine by Eats Well With Others
- Pumpkin Waffle Sandwiches with Apple Butter and Brie by Go Go Go Gourmet
- Toasted Coconut Belgian Waffles by The Chef Next Door
- Brown Sugar Chicken and Waffles by GirlCarnivore
- Chicken and Spiced Sweet Potato Waffles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hummus Waffles with Sausage & Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mac and Cheese Waffles with Honey Bunches Chicken by Baking In A Tornado
- Sweet & Savoury Sausage & Apple Waffles by Fuchsia Freezer
- Cauliflower Cheese Waffles by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Waffles with Horseradish Sauce by Our Good Life
- Apple Pie Waffles by Spiced
- Banana Split Waffles by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Strawberry Waffles by Dinner at the Zoo
- Homemade Waffle Cones by Eva Bakes
- Pumpkin Pecan Waffles by Feed Me, Seymour
- Pumpkin Pie Waffle Cake by Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Red Velvet Waffles with Bourbon Cherry Syrup & Cream Cheese Drizzle by Cooking In Stilettos
My morning starts best
when waffles appear near me.
Waffles are awesome.