This sweet and spicy baked pepper dip is the perfect way to celebrate a new game day tradition: homegating!
Okay, I kid, I kid … but seeing as how my hometown football team just moved to Los Angeles, I definitely won’t be tuning in to see them play.
Truth be told, I’m not much of a football person, but I always watch the biggest football game of the year … for the commercials and the half-time show, of course. And of course, there’s always food at our big game viewing party!
This year, we’re putting a fun spin on our big game party as we’ll be “homegating” — tailgating at home! I also hope to be a homegating hero with a new recipe I created just for the big game … my sweet and spicy baked pepper dip made with two kinds of Mezzetta peppers!
Family owned since 1935, the fourth generation of the Mezzetta family is continuing their commitment to make the highest quality foods available for their customers. They source the best fresh produce from the sun-drenched soils of California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece and prepare them using their tried and true Italian family recipes.
I’ve long been a fan of Mezzetta peppers, and you can always find a jar or two of them in my refrigerator. For this new recipe, I used two of my favorite Mezzetta peppers — deli-sliced jalapenos and sweet cherry peppers — to create a delicious dip that hits all the bases … err, scores a touchdown.
Seriously, this addictive dip is warm, creamy, and filled with just the right amount of sweet heat. I suggest you make two batches for your homegating party because it will have all your guests dancing in the end zone … whether their team is winning or not!
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 cup Mezzetta deli-sliced jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- ½ jar Mezzetta sweet cherry peppers, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream together with a mixer until creamy. Add the cheddar cheese, pepperjack cheese, jalapeno peppers, and cherry peppers; blend together with a rubber spatula until everything is well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the cheese mixture evenly into a 10-inch pie plate or casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbling. Remove for the oven and serve immediately with your favorite crackers, chips, or veggies.
Mezzetta Homegating Sweepstakes
Enter the Mezzetta Homegating Sweepstakes today!
One grand prize winner will receive a 55″ 4K LED TV plus a Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack including a Mezzetta-branded football, blanket, pint glasses (4), cooler, party tray, cocktail napkins, and a jar each of Mezzetta Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini, Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapenos, Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, Roasted Bell Peppers, and Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips.
Ten runner-ups will will a Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack.
Sweepstakes details: Requirements for entry include first name, last name, and email address. Sweepstakes expires on January 26th, 2016. Winners will be chosen at random. Winners will be notified and will receive prize within 2 weeks.
Want more homegating recipe ideas? Check out this fun video from Mezzetta!
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post by Mezzetta. That being said, all opinions expressed in this blog post — and my love for their peppers — are my own. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe you, the reader, will enjoy — and I will never endorse any product or service that I do not fully support.