These spicy Asian sesame wings will definitely add some heat to your Valentine’s Day!
The Chef and I both love spicy things, but our tolerance level is vastly different — he’s goes for maximum heat whenever we visit our favorite Thai and Vietnamese restaurants, while I err on the side of caution, ie, the lower end of the spice scale. For some reason, he enjoys sweating through our meal. Me … not so much.
While we may love differing levels of spice, one thing we both love equally are chicken wings … so when I received a bottle of Asian Sesame dressing from T.Lish, I knew exactly what I was going to make!
Each Christmas, Tiffany Denson would make dozens of mason jars filled with her signature dressing and marinade for her neighbors, friends, and family. When they began requesting the sauce throughout the year, T.Lish was born. And word quickly spread about these delicious, all-natural, and extremely versatile dressings, marinades and sauces (all made with no trans fats, no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavor or color, and no preservatives).
Adapted from Epicurious, I started with a base of T.Lish’s Asian Sesame dressing, then added just a few ingredients — namely a healthy dose of Sriracha sauce — to kick these chicken wings close to The Chef’s spice zone.
After a quick bake in the oven, then a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds and green onion, these meaty, juicy wings became the perfect centerpiece for a quick Asian dinner at home … and neither The Chef nor I broke a sweat, which was just fine with me.
I’ll make his much spicier next time!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup T.Lish Asian Sesame dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce, as desired
- 1½ tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Place an oven rack in the upper third of the oven, then preheat to 425°F. Line a large shallow baking pan with parchement paper, then lightly oil the paper with the sesame oil.
- Using kitchen shears or a large heavy knife, prepare the chicken wings by cutting off and discarding the tips from the wings, then halve the wings at the joint.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, salt, pepper, dressing, and Sriracha sauce; stir to fully combine. Add the chicken wings to the sauce, stirring to coat.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer on the baking pan and bake, turning over once, until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the wings to a large serving platter, then top with the sesame seeds and chopped green onion. Serve warm.