A weekly recap of everything I’ve been doing, reading, watching, loving, wanting, or just plain obsessing over … just in time for you to explore them yourself over the weekend. This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
“I look around, leaves are brown,
And the sky is a hazy shade of winter.
Look around, leaves are brown
There’s a patch of snow on the ground.”
~ Hazy Shade of Winter, Simon & Garfunkel
As I sit here in my living room putting the finishing touches on this blog post, I’m also watching the freezing rain making its way across St. Louis … and covering everything it touches in a coat of ice, like some sort of unwanted gift from Mother Nature. The few brown leaves remaining on the trees in our backyard are heavy with ice, and I don’t dare step outside for fear of falling on my arse.
Thank goodness for fireplaces, warm kitties, and hot chocolate.
In other news, I just learned that Simon & Garfunkel wrote (and first recorded) Hazy Shade of Winter. All this time, I thought it was The Bangles. Hmm, re-watching Less Than Zero sounds like a perfect iced-in weekend activity.
Here’s what else I’ve been up to …
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
1. I partnered with JORD Wood Watches to bring you an amazing giveaway. If you haven’t already entered, you should.
2. I prepared for Icemageddon 2017. We’re making our favorite soul-comforting recipes — short rib and brisket stew, smoky posole rojo, spicy chili mac — while we’re iced-in this weekend.
3. I committed to putting a big dent in my first-ever Winter Wonder Miles Challenge. I’ve got until March 10th to get in 200 miles. I can do this!
READING + WATCHING + LOVING:
1. I’ve been reading my way through The Sunshine Within, my new favorite blog. Yes, us 40-somethings CAN learn things from the 20-somethings.
2. The hubs and I got caught up on the new season of Top Chef. As a professional chef, it’s pretty much the only “reality food competition” he’ll watch (and it’s my favorite too).
3. I have been loving La Croix passionfruit sparkling water. I recently found it at Target, and I seriously can’t get enough (affiliate link).
WHAT THE HEART WANTS:
1. I need another planner like a need a hole in my head, but yet, I’m pretty sure I’m going to get at least two of the new memory planners from Heidi Swapp.
2. I cannot wait to get my hands on The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living. Pronounced hue-ga, hygee is the Danish philosophy of comfort, togetherness, and well-being. Need I say more?
3. I want everything from the latest Oh Joy! for Target collection (affiliate link). How about you?
Until next week, my loves.