A recap of everything I’ve been doing, reading, watching, loving, wanting, or just plain obsessing over … just in time for you to explore them yourself over the weekend. This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
So, yeah, we’re just going to pretend that this *isn’t* two editions of “Weekending” in one … or that it’s being published just as the sun starts to set on this weekend. As the wise John Lennon once said, “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.”
And it’s been a busy two weeks here at Rhubarb and Honey headquarters. Here’s what I’ve been up to …
WHAT I DID:
1. I spent last week working at our office in Philadelphia. I absolutely adore Philly, and if you’ve never been, I highly encourage you to go. The history, the culture, the food … it’s a truly amazing city.
2. Speaking of food, I found myself solo for a night last week so I was finally able to go to a restaurant that has been on my restaurant bucket list for a long time now … Zahav. Owned and operated by the extremely talented chef Michael Solomonov (who was also incredibly approachable), Zahav utilizes modern techniques to elevate traditional Israeli cuisine … and trust me, it was so worth the wait.
3. And finally, while I couldn’t participate myself, I cheered on my fabulous female friends who marched at the Women’s March on Washington. I have a wonderful group of women in my life who all believe in women’s rights, LGBTQ rights, truth, unity, equality, and social justice, and I stand with them in spirit and solidarity every day.
READING + WATCHING + LOVING:
1. Speaking of fabulous females, Olivia Pope is back. Yes, my friends, I’m talking about Scandal. Open a bottle of red, pop some popcorn, and watch along with me, will ya?
2. I’m also super excited that Outsiders is back for season two. It’s one of the only shows the hubs and I watch together, and it’s really, really good.
3. If you haven’t read John Pavlovitz’s powerful article, Let The Record Show, you should do so now.
WHAT THE HEART WANTS:
1. I’m pretty sure I need these Alyson Peep Toe Booties from Target (affiliate link). I mean, we’re heading to Chicago in two weeks so new boots are a total need, right?
2. I’m also pretty sure I need this coffee mug from Target as well (affiliate link). I mean, I really do need to drink the coffee before I do the things.
3. I just added Bad Girls Throughout History: 100 Remarkable Women Who Changed the World by Ann Shen and Boss Babes: A Coloring and Activity Book for Grown-Ups by Michelle Volansky to my Amazon wishlist … because why wouldn’t I?
Until next week, my loves.