This is that post where I tell you 20 random things about me … and hope that you still love me afterwards.
So … what’s that saying about best-laid plans? Oh, yeah … they often go awry.
Alternative opening paragraph: Can we just pretend that two months haven’t passed since my last post and pick up where we left off?
Oh … hello, loves!
I was recently tagged by my Instagram friend Jessica to share 20 fun-filled facts about me, and since I haven’t shared anything with you in this space for awhile, I figured this was a great opportunity to not only dust off my keyboard, but to give you a peek at the nutty mind behind this blog as well.
Here’s hoping you don’t think I’m a total head case after you finish reading this post!
So, without further ado …
1. I have wanted goats for as long as I can remember. So I can dress them up in pajamas. I wouldn’t mind having a llama too, but I’ll skip the jammies for him.
2. My first car was a 10-year-old Firebird. It was bright yellow and came complete with “t-tops” and a gigantic “firebird” decal on the hood. Yes, I’m totally serious … and yes, it was awesome. Unfortunately, our relationship was fleeting as my beloved Firebird died a fiery death on the side of a highway after the engine shot craps about a year after I got it.
3. I never go to bed without checking that all of the doors in our house are locked.
4. I feel naked if I’m not wearing earrings.
5. Fall is hands down my favorite season of the year, but I truly do not understand the obsession with PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING.
6. I was a cheerleader in high school (Go Wildcats!), and I was in show choir and girls treble choir as well. But, my favorite experience from high school? Getting chosen to participate in a 3-day poetry workshop. Not only did I get to miss class for those three days, I got to meet a ton of people I wouldn’t have met otherwise, and I learned a lot about myself. It’s also safe to say that’s when my love of writing began.
7. I am a Libra through and through.
8. I frequently experience deja-vu. It happens to me at least once a week, if not more. Is this normal?
9. If Jaws is on television, I have to watch it. It could come on at 11:00 pm, and I’ll still stay up to finish it. I’m also pretty sure that Robert Shaw was my first celebrity crush, which is incredibly weird because he was way, way, way too old for me.
10. I probably watch way more television than I should. My all-time favorite TV shows are — in no particular order — Breaking Bad, Lost, and Sex and The City.
11. I try to give out compliments every chance I get. We don’t praise each other nearly enough in this crazy world of ours, and a simple compliment can change a person’s entire day so we should all be doing it more.
12. I love doing my makeup, and I consider myself pretty darn good at it too. But, I’m not a fan of styling my hair … you can find me in a top knot or a braid 99% of the time. Anyone wanna sign up to be my personal hair stylist?
13. I still have all the notes I ever received from my friends in high school. Call me a sap … I DARE YOU.
14. My nickname is Mimi, but the only people who call me that are my grandfather and my niece and nephews. To everyone else, it’s Kimberly. Not Kim and definitely not Kimmy … just Kimberly.
15. I olfactory hallucinate all the time, and it’s both a blessing and a curse. Sometimes it’s salami, sometimes it’s grilled cheese sandwiches … either way, it makes me hungry!
16. I am obsessed with all things Hamilton: An American Musical. I listen to the soundtrack every day, and if you catch me staring off into space, chances are I’m not pondering the meaning of life … there’s just Hamilton lyrics running through my head.
17. Speaking of lyrics, I think Heart’s “All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You” is the worst song ever. EVER.
18. I am a grammar nazi, and I have zero problems pointing out someone’s misuse of your/you’re and there/their/they’re. I can also spot a typo on a restaurant menu a mile away.
19. I once bought Tone Loc a footlong corn dog. It’s a great story. You should really ask me about it the next time you see me.
20. If I could only eat tacos for the rest of my life, I would die a happy woman. Taco Tuesday? TACOS ERRDAY, Y’ALL.